join the Grumps
creative engineer/ mechatronics
We're seeking an exceptional creative engineer who revels in attempting what hasn’t been done before. You will be someone who can bring together skills in Mechanical, Electrical and Software engineering. You should have a curiosity that drives your ability to apply a broad set of engineering skills to build concept prototypes and beyond.
As a creative engineer you will be able to research, analyze and select the best tools and technologies to achieve an outcome. You should be very comfortable with ambiguity and venturing into the unknown.
Don’t worry, you won’t be alone. You will be working alongside our Tech Lead who comes from a mishmash background as well, along with other Coders, Designers and Project Managers in a highly collaborative and creative environment.
Qualifications + Experience //
- 4+ years of experience as technologist/maker/prototyper
- Proactive, solutions-oriented and self-motivated
- Identifies the best technologies and tools for our challenging tasks
- Is able to code and to make hardware “talk” to software
- You know what a PCB is and, if we are lucky, are able to make one
- Experience working with 3D CAD software (rhino or solidworks)... and turning those drawings into the real thing
- Workshop/fabrication experience
- 3D printer and printing experience
Contract details //
- This is for a 3 month contract, though could extend longer
- The rate is variable based on your skills and experience
- Getting stuff done!
Your road to this job ad may have meandered on a very strange career path; but you know that trying many things has made you into the hybrid that is right for this role.
The ability to manage ambiguity, work autonomously, and multi-task in an agile environment; willingness to work in a scrappy way when necessary, but cognisant of quality and delivery when required; and a sense of humor are essential.
Get in touch if this sounds like your next move. Please send a short cover letter and CV to email@example.com.